In October 2016, The Options Work Activity Program will celebrate 30 years of service to the community, and graduate our 150th class.
Options Work Activity Program is a 30-week skills-based training program for people 16 years of age and older who face barriers to employment. Our program offers a combination of individual employment counseling, personal development, academic upgrading, team building, employ-ability skills development, basic skill development and a ten week on-the-job work placement.
During the first two weeks of the program, all participants are given the opportunity to meet our instructors and explore each of our program areas:
- Basic or Advanced Office Work Option Program
- Building Maintenance Work Option Program Program
- Customer Service Work Option Program Program
- Food Service Work Option Program
- Stone Hearth Bakery Work Option Program
At the end of their two week exploration, program participants select an area of focus
We also offer a 10-week Advanced Office Skills Program for those who have been out of the workforce and wish to upgrade their technical skills.
How to apply…
- Our programs are referral based. If you are a teacher, doctor, counselor, social worker, or community partner who knows of someone who might benefit from enrollment in the Options Work Activity Program, please click Options Referral Form Aug 2016 rev or Advance Office Skills Program Referral Form – August 2016 to download a referral form.
There is no cost to attend Options Work Activity Programs