MetroWorks is a Not-for-profit organization that has been operating social enterprises in the city of Halifax since 1978. As one of MetroWorks programs, Stone Hearth Bakery provides client focused opportunities for individuals to gain employability skills while producing high quality bread products for the retail and wholesale market.
Stone Hearth Bakery is a well establish bakery for specialty breads, bagels and other Kosher products. We are looking for the right person to fill the position of Program/Operations Manager. This position is critical to the success of the bakery and is responsible for all aspects of client success, scheduling, costing, ordering, and maintaining customers and developing new customer accounts to a variety of retail, wholesale, and food service locations. The ideal candidate will possess: Relevant bakery experience, a valid driver’s license along with a clean driver’s abstract, a strong work ethic, the ability to perform physical activities, strong communication skills, as well as knowledge and experience in working with individuals with mental health issues.
Important skills and competencies to demonstrate include:
- Ability to integrate program requirements into all aspects of bakery operations
- Ability to manage current production schedule
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, program participants, community organizations, government departments, suppliers, customers and MetroWorks Management
- Ability to manage costs, materials, staff, and deliveries
- Ability to promote sales of high quality specialty bread and bakery products.
- Meet with current and potential customers to discuss type, quality and quantity of products
- Advise customers on order shipping dates and resolve any customer concerns
- Provide advice concerning specialized products or services
- Estimate or quote prices, credit terms
- Maintain sales records for inventory control
- Operate delivery truck to pick up and deliver bakery products as required
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment
- Perform other duties at the bakery as required
Please combine cover letter and resume into one document.
This opportunity will close on Friday April 19th, will accept resumes beyond this date if suitable applicant is not found.
Email applications to email@example.com
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.